Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Mick Jagger becomes world's oldest dad





Yes! Jumpin Jack Flash has done it again. Not content with getting his name in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most lucrative tour ever, Sir Mick now struts into the record books to become the world's oldest dad. Sporting rock hard pecs, a somewhat unkempt appearance and without his characteristic skin tight trousers, Mick yesterday cradled his son and said he was 'the happiest guy in the world.' See video below......




Actually hang on, no, on closer inspection I find that this is just a Jagger lookalike called Ramjeet Raghav. This guy is not a pop superstar but a 96-year-old Indian farmer (who was kneehigh to a grasshopper when Ghandi was 35) and who now holds the record for being the oldest guy in the world to become a father after his wife (age 52) gave birth to his second son earlier this month. Raghav actually beat his own record—his first son was born two years ago, when he was only 94.

And you know how some of you girls might have had trouble persuading your menfolk to give you babies? Well Ramjeet - bless his cotton socks - was celibate until 86, when he met his wife and decided to give fatherhood a go. So it took a while for him to meet the right woman and make that commitment. So what? He made sure he was ready so kudos to him!

Another question: for a 96 year old man and a 52 year old woman to have two sons you've got to ask yourself is there something in the water in the state of Haryana, 31 miles northwest of Delhi, where this couple live? Will the couple's back yard now become the Lourdes for the infertile? Will childless women pilgrim to Haryana to sniff the air or shake hands with Ramjeet Raghav? You read it here first!

In the meantime a copy of Cocktails at Naptime is winging its way to the happy dad in India. We hope he gets some top tips on handling his sanity while bringing up two young boys while approaching his hundredth birthday. Cheers mate!

18 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! Sad that the little boy will never know his daddy . I woul love to be on blog love! I'm English and Emma just commented on my post http://clarelouallen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/what-world-coming-to.html
    Book looks great!! As a mum of two under three i may have to get it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!!! so glad you stopped by my blog. immediately started following you because the name of your blog might be the greatest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramjeet for the win! Followin' back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me giggle :) following you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celibate till he was 86? Bless.
    But it's still making it very difficult to keep my breakfast down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes i was just thinking his wife is older than me! That's an impressive combined age. Actually my scientist friend says they think now all the abnomalities may be stemming from older fathers before older mothers, so will be interested to follow this one...BTW, That 96 year old dude has less wrinkles than Jagger too (and less than me!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He has done it again!!! Wow that man is unstoppable :)
    I loved reading this post and I am following you now. I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-version-of-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, just whoa and also whoa... he should win some sort of an award or something, I've got a few ideas in mind. =)

    You had me at "cocktails" and pretty much sealed the deal with "naptime". Aloha,

    Stopping by from Bloggy Moms October link up. Following ya now and can't wait to read more. I wanted to personally invite you to An Aloha Affair. A sweet link up with beautiful creatives just like you. I hope you'll join me for the ride at Local Sugar Hawaii-- I would love to have ya with me on this beautiful wave called life.

    xo,
    Nicole
    www.localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emma!
    I just saw your comment but no follow on GFC? I just followed you and Very nice blog! Really? he is that old?
    XOXO
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was told I was having a "geriatric pregnancy" at 43. I really didn't like that much. Come to find out I would have been a down-right youngster in India! Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isabelle Thornton...so pleased to meet you! I am now following you on GFC and following your fabulous french life style!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emma, thanks for following my little Blog tips blog. You might also be interested in the main blog - Carole's Chatter. I have followed you back. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilarious! Yay you! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would follow me back!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    xoxo-
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi, i following the "aloha affair" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure what to make of this. Stopping by from the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Classic! This made me laugh! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Gammon and Chips. I LOVE the story behind your book. Ain't the interweb grand?! I will be tuning in regularly to your postings. Cheers, Maddie :-) P.S. Have you guys met yet?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow. A 96 year old new dad! Lol. I guess now ive seen it all. Haha. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Im now following you back.
    http://www.navywif33.com

    ReplyDelete