Sunday, 31 October 2010

Book Tour: Day 21: Catching the Magic


The Cocktails at Naptime Book tour is in its final days and here's our last visit to New Zealand. We're at Sarah Lee's Catching the Magic, in Wellington.

"When I had my first baby, seven years ago, I had a sea of books on either side of my breastfeeding chair. Let’s just say I had the yin and the yang of parenting books. It took me six months to listen to my instincts, ditch the books and go with what felt right. I’d been told before motherhood that babies don’t come with manuals. It took me a while to realise how true that was. The only way forward was to piece together a mix of advice to come up with the best fit for baby and I.



If only Cocktails at Naptime had been around back then I might have managed to get through the first year of parenthood without requiring prozac. "



Read the full post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment